As we all know the holidays are full of festive and creative sugary treats tied in with family get-togethers or given as gifts. It is very difficult to resist in testing and tasting theses treats, but hopefully some of the following tips will help you maintain optimal care of your teeth during the holidays!
Sugary treats along with those who consume alcoholic beverages during the holidays can actually wreak havoc on your teeth if proper dental hygiene care is not in place.
The additional stress that the holidays bring can make even the most conscientious person fall out of the habit of flossing and brushing .... not to mention the additional stress can also lead some to grind their teeth at night.
Hopefully you can give your teeth the gift of health this Christmas by simply taking great care of your teeth and smile by following some of these tips that we offer:
* Limit the amount of sweets you consume and brush and floss shortly after.
* Avoid biting down on or chewing hard candy.
* Avoid cracking nuts with your teeth.
* Wear your night guard if the stress of the holidays cause you to grind your teeth at night.
* Most importantly .... keep up with your regular brushing and flossing.
Malwin & Malwin Family Dentistry would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas
and hope that some of these tips will be useful as you and your family enjoy the Holidays.